- Make the idea behind your startup company your passion.
- Have a mission and ongoing goal for your business.
- Talk about the industry of your business to anyone you can. You never know who you can learn from unexpectedly.
- Try not to get too ahead of yourself with planning. Create a short-term (not too short) business plan and execute it with the resources you have.
- Network and build relationships and partnerships with people and other companies that you can benefit from and can in turn benefit from you (your business). This includes a bit of PR.
Remain positive and focused on your goals. Negativity will creep in every now and then. Remember your passion about your business and your support network that you have built. Go forth and grow!